Can I Change Careers? (These celebrities did)
So, you say to yourself, “Can I make a career change?” “Is it too late?” “What if I have no experience?” Following your dreams and making the life you want for yourself involves some risk, but mostly the willingness to step outside of your comfort zone. What if these people stayed on their career path?
5. Ellen Degeneres was a paralegal and “oyster shucker”. That shucks.
4. Harrison Ford was a carpenter, then George Lucas had this character for him named Han Solo. Seemed to work out ok.
3. There weren’t many jobs Harland Sanders didn’t hold, including Army mule-tender, railroad worker, and gas station operator were just a few before he bought his first restaurant when he was in his 40s. He didn’t turn Kentucky Fried Chicken into a franchise until age 65.
2. Until age 31, J.K. Rowling was a single mom on public assistance. That was when she wrote the first installment of the “Harry Potter” book series.
- Today, Mark Cuban is known as the billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks and star of Shark Tank, but he was once a stamp and coin salesman and gave dance lessons to pay for his education.
A career change can be all the difference in your trajectory. Learn about a change to Information Technology, one of the fastest growing career fields in America.
Call Carolina Career College of Central and Eastern North Carolina at 919-336-1000 now or click here!