Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference 2015 was held July 12-16 in Orlando, FL. This event provides insights and resources for Microsoft’s partners. As a Microsoft Gold Learning Partner, this includes Carolina Career College of Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill.
A new version of Office 365 is expected to launch later this year, called Office 365-E5. It will include Cloud PBX, analytics, Power BI, and advanced security capabilities. Other products on the horizon include:
- Office 2016
- SharePoint 2016
- Exchange 2016
- Delve Org Analytics
A few eye-opening stats regarding the Millenial generation:
- 87% say their smartphone never leaves their side
- 53% would rather give up their sense of smell than their technology
- 43% say texting is just as meaningful as a phone conversation
When looking at trends expected to impact IT, Gartner deployed a research study that showed the following:
- Cloud has brought enterprise class solutions to businesses of any size
- BI/Analytics is expected to grow rapidly through 2020
- A move towards applications integrating with social networks
Microsoft COO Kevin Turner says the company sees owning the cloud, winning with Windows 10, competing to win, and obsessing over customer satisfaction as the route to reach new profitability and growth in the coming year.